Music Banter - View Single Post - mr. bungle
Thread: mr. bungle
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
youdoofus
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's okay, the scary clown men aren't going to hurt you.

Anyways back to youdoofus's question, I'd be more interested in a new Fantomas album. Bungle's current discography is pretty tight, would hate to see that thwarted with a subpar reunion release, though I do think that Dunn and Spruance would probably have some more innovative and interesting ideas to bring to the table. It'd be a crapshoot for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Their debut has lost a bit of its magic over the years for me because of the genre-hopping copycats that it inspired but Disco Volante still stands out as a pretty singular record

very nice commentary there! not even the slightest bit sarcastic. Most of the replies i get here are (expectedly) very sarcastic and mostly only useful for a chuckle due to a fair amount of wit. This, however, was far more enlightening due to its honest reply with knowledgeable insight.

You are right, the debut album has lost some luster over the last 20+ years, but it is indeed a standout that helped pave the way for experimental music to get some watts behind it.

Have you heard Mikes foray into the operatic? He definitely has the pipes for it, thats for sure
youdoofus is offline   Reply With Quote