Music Banter - View Single Post - The Return of John Wilkes Booth
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 02:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

Default The Return of John Wilkes Booth

Hey everybody.

Recently our good friend JWB reached out to us to request a reversal of his perma-ban. Instead of explaining it myself, we ran it by JWB and feel it'd be better just to post the request here. It serves as reasoning behind why we felt like it was time to let him come back and start fresh. Here it is...

Quote:
I'm writing to ask to be unbanned from mb. I realize I violated the rules years ago with my obstinate attitude towards certain mods... I was full of myself and to top it off, not that it's an excuse, I was also on drugs. I was also on drugs and homeless when I thought it was a worthwhile pastime to make new accounts on mb and post as myself unapologetically.

I'm not saying it was the drugs fault and not mine... I own my actions... But since I became sober I no longer see the point in continuing to do that, and frankly I don't want to come back and make problems with anyone. I just miss the place and would like to engage productively.

If you decide not to lift the ban I do understand, I just figured it was worth asking.
We felt, as a team, that this was a sincere request from somebody trying to turn a new leaf. There are a few things though that will accompany this decision.

Basically we're going to be more strict in disciplining members from using homophobic and racist slurs. This way, JWB starts fresh along with everybody else. We didn't want to have any conditional rules for him that he could possibly break while others do the same thing unpunished. To be honest, we should just be enforcing this anyway.

So no more calling people f*ggots in joking manners. Sh*t is over.

We also feel the need to reiterate that Google is still our overlords and that cleavage, nudity, scantily clad, etc images/video posts will be deleted and warnings given out.

Mod discretion will be used of course. Just obey the rules and we can all get along.

JWB will be un-banned following this post. Let's all welcome him back with some nice things and then we can all get back to the normal banter.

Thanks

- Mod Team (Not just me)

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote