Music Banter - View Single Post - I was wrong about Trump
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Default I was wrong about Trump

Batlord posed the question: am I still on Trump's dick?

The answer is no. As DJ and WWWP and others who have known me can confirm, after Trump became prez I eventually became disillusioned with him and frankly tired of the constant stream of needless controversies he stirred. So maybe a year or so after he was elected, I jumped ship. Call me a fair weather fan.

At the time I was rooting for him, I basically liked the way he posed as a sort of dictator and I wanted him to trample over the institutions that separate presidents from dictators. He's tried his best, but ultimately failed in that regard. I now think that's a good thing and that I was crazy to once think I wanted such a dictator.

I also didn't believe that he had any intention on fulfilling his various campaign promises. From deporting 12 million immigrants to starting a trade war with China to building a wall to banning Muslims...I was just sure his promises were too outlandish to be sincere.

I didn't vote for Trump. I never vote. But if I had voted it would've been for Trump. I wasn't trolling.
Every single thing I said, I meant.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote