Music Banter - View Single Post - What Didn't Burn Away
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2006, 05:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Could I make a suggestion? Its a very simple one and I hope that Crowe and Perfect Sonnet (and everyone else) will appreciate it. This goes particularly to those who have trouble moving between writing lyrics and putting the words to music.

Don't write lyrics with a pen and paper, or screen and keyboard, at hand. Instead, go for a walk and make lyrics up in your head. In order to remember them, whisper them to yourself (or if nobody else is around, you can actually say them aloud or even sing them). Only write them down when you're sure you like the way they sound. This should help you to create phrases which sound good.

You can still work out the story you want to tell, the theme and all of that, before creating the lyric. Doing it this way will help to keep it pleasing to the ear and will probably help to keep it punchy too, as your brain will demand shorter,neater and more memorable lines to store in your memory.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote