Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 11:44 PM   #65 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

though I often find myself in a who cares state of mind when posting anything there's still sick movies out and about. Many of them. Colossal waves of sick movies. Hordes.

Easily one of the most perfect marriages of horror and comedy of all time, The Abominable Dr. Phibes will split as many sides as faces. Starring Vincent Prices face, it's a good old mad doctor tale of revenge and stunted romance. The doctor in question is bent on murdering all the medical professionals that could've saved his wife's life but didn't, each death based off the ten ancient plagues of Egypt.

The sets are amazing, everything about it aesthetically and sonically really. It's neat how a film this hilarious can be so utterly macabre and doomy. Price managing to communicate without opening his mouth at all (effects I know) makes for a real creep.

But it's just ridiculous. Someone gets impaled by a launched screw-like apparatus and nailed to the wall behind him and police have to unscrew the body off. It's fantastic.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote