Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 05:27 PM   #63259 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
Yeah I've never heard anything but bad things about being an Uber driver. From what I've heard "work the hours they want and take the specific requests that they want" is a line that Uber sells their drivers that ends up being bull****.
^ Yeah, to be an Uber driver requires more commitment than you might imagine: an expensive car, a clean appearance and a polite manner. Because they have this star-grading system you can find yourself bumped from Uber if you're not taking enough rides or failed to polish your hubcaps before setting out: happened to a relative of mine.

A sidegig for OH could be teaching English online. Though I've never tried it myself I think the pay per hour is pretty good when you've established yourself. You offer your services on a forum and if someone takes the bait and likes their class, they'll give you a good rating. Thus your forum profile looks better and you can crank up your fees.

You can probably start with less outlay than for Uber: i'm guessing:-
- webcam plus mike
- book of grammar
- haircut
- backcloth to hide the disaster zone that is your living quarters