Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 01:50 AM   #12172 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I thought about reviewing a few juggalo albums as a journal like a retrospective look on my childhood favorites. Especially because I think it'd be interesting to explore the Marxist rhetoric of Carnival of Carnage. So I'd be open to it.
I think looking at it in terms of Marxist rhetoric is kind of overblown tbh. Maybe ICP are more aware of Marxism than I know but everything I've seen from them shows that they simply express the views of the working class more starkly and accurately than most any other working class artist I can think of. They're honestly the working class as I've known them writ large and the disdain people have for them is the disdain for the working class that liberals honestly feel but targeted at a group that is safe to mock.

ICP's interaction with the world at large is kind of what's at the heart of Get Out tbh.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote