Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #2609 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
it makes perfect sense actually... You pay as much for a service as it is worth to you, which is based on part on the labor pool offering the service

I've yet to hear a alternative way of determining pay from any of you that makes more sense.
I'm not saying there's a moral alternative. If you want a giant log moved out of a piece of land you think is choice and I'm a big strong dude and you're not, well maybe you have a fur I need to keep warm and I'll move that log for that fur.

In that world I helped you, you helped me, and we're both happier for it. Not bad I guess?

In a capitalist world you might have had money to move that log and I would have moved it for you. Why did you have that money? I guess because of shady deal X, but lets forget about shady deal X because we always forget about shady deal X even if shady deal X is exactly why I need money cause your parents made shady deal X possible and my parents were subservient to your parents when they could have been equal if it wasn't for shady deal Y AND LET'S NOT EVEN GET INTO SHADY DEAL Y cause that's like a hundred years of he said she said **** and nobody has the time of day for that **** even though there's like a whole alphabet of shady deals to get into that history has conveniently forgotten in a way that is legally important.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote