Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 08:00 AM   #2633 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
No it hasn't. Catalonia came close to something like "true" communism, but they basically sold out.

By that same token though, I don't think "real" capitalism is in place either. In the U.S. you have corporatism in a lot of industries and parts of Europe you have social democracy, but no matter where you go there's some kind of imbalance.

I personally do believe that human beings would be better off just letting AI and automation achieve their potential. Let people live their lives doing things that make them happy without needing to pursue profit or participate in any form of government.

Until now though, I just didn't think there was any path to a world with close to zero scarcity. But there are enough wild cards in the deck now that didn't exist before where I think it's more feasible to give things a more serious analysis.
I hate how people are such purists about every ideology that once someone tries to actually make it happen it's suddenly not "real" cause reality doesn't match up to the utopian
Ideal you had in mind. It's as real as anything else. Maybe life just isn't ****ing perfect, precious.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote