Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:41 AM   #476 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ Yes, good points all, OH. Thanks for answering your own question. If hydroelectric has reached its max already, there are projects for tidal energy underway in Europe I believe.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

The worst thing about global warning is that we can't predict all the catastrophes that it might generate. Here's a new one, unexpected afaik, and the result of the hottest June on record around the world. While in June a lot of the media focused on bikini-clad girls sunbathing in Paris, this disaster was getting primed and is now out of control:-

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49125391 = Arctic Wildfires

And the worst of the worst are the catastrophes that guarrantee that the rate of catastrophes is going to get worse. See bits in bold:-

Quote:
This soot can be harmful to humans and animals, entering the lungs and bloodstream. It also plays a role in global warming. Nasa scientists say the soot absorbs sunlight and warms the atmosphere. If it falls on ice or snow, it reduces reflectivity and can trap more heat, speeding up the melting process.

The fires are releasing copious volumes of previously stored carbon dioxide and methane - carbon stocks that have in some cases been held in the ground for thousands of years. The fires .... emitted an estimated 100 megatons of CO2 between 1 June and 21 July, almost the equivalent of the carbon output of Belgium in 2017, according to Cams.

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 08-02-2019 at 09:46 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote