Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #2656 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Communism can never compete in the global market, but lets say that the whole globe worked in a communist rather than capitalist way. Do you think it would have prevented innovation?
Communism in the way you guys talk about it wouldn't have ever happened at scale even if someone besides Marx and his peers had thought of it earlier. Because human beings inevitably arrange themselves into hierarchical structures (with some variation of the "haves" sitting in some kind of organization at the top) so they don't have to deal with the responsibilities of governance beyond the local level.

If there's one thing I can say is a constant since the dawn of our species, it is that human beings are fundamentally lazy. That's why there's such a huge appeal to automation even for regular people. Who wouldn't want to get up every day and just paint or do what they want while robots and AI and self-driving vehicles do everything and where the cost of food is close to zero because everything is cloned or produced in petri dishes by even more robots.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote