Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #18641 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

I actually agree the human brain is the most impressive form of Intelligence on the planet

And the human brain was developed ad hoc through evolution. Humans have dominated the planet in the last 10,000 or so years through the introduction of agriculture which allows for specialization of labor which allows for an increase in technological developement. In the last 10,000 years the human race has changed the planet and their role on it more than they did for millions of years of homonid evolution preceding the agricultural revolution.

Once the industrial revolution happened this rapid pace of technological advancement sped up exponentially.

The idea of the singularity is based on the rapid developement of computing technology and so the basic trend suggests that the engineering capabilities of humans through technology evolves much quicker than any organism.

Seeing that this is the case I find it hard to believe that evolution was able to create the human brain but that the technology the human brain is creating won't eventually surpass that benchmark.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote