Music Banter - View Single Post - Wolf’s ARC Pick: Whack World by Tierra Whack
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 07:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
WWWP
county fair energy

Great, now look at this post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Tierra Whack

I came across the video for her latest single Unemployed and was grabbed right away. I dove in and learned she earned a grammy nomination this year for her video Mumbo Jumbo. She's only 24 now, but I found this chick's been on the philly scene since fifteen and has toured in recent years with Lauryn Hill and Flying Lotus, and there are bountiful youtube clips featuring Tierra freestyling as a teenager under her former moniker Dizzle Dizz. Asap Rocky called her flow poetic and likened her to Kendrick. Blogs like pitchfork call her sound "reflective" or a commentary on mumble rap and current charts. I don't think so. I think it's obvious she's doing her own thing, everything she puts out is true to her personality - fresh and unique and absurd. That's why it's dope.

She's released one 15-track album (run time of 14 minutes), 2018's visual and auditory project Whack World, and since February she has been releasing a single a week without much commentary, and she recorded a song and video with both Meek Mill and Childish Gambino that hasn't dropped yet. It's unclear if they will be re-released as a full album or what, but I will certainly be following along and spreading the Whack word.

#moneyoverdick

2019 Singles
In Order of Release Date:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
WWWP is pretty but should be cancelled (digital blackface)

#DEMODFROWNLAND
#TERMLIMITSFORMODERATORS
WWWP is offline   Reply With Quote