Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #23844 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I am 100% turning into that record store guy who is grumpy...BUT...only when faced with stupid people who can't take hints or assh*les who can't take 'no' for an answer. I'm not a snob. I'm not scoffing at peoples music tastes or sh*tting on opinions but the day to day grind of running a business like I do is starting to take effect in some ways. It mostly comes down to me not having a higher up manager/corporate overlord to answer to when something goes awry. I can deal out my own decisions and carry out conversations how I see fit. To date we have 90 Google reviews and a 4.9 out of 5.0 with pretty much everybody stating how down to earth and chill my partner and I are so I'm not worried about any sort of decline in business because I can get moody with jerkoffs. It's just that when you buy things from the public, you end up running into scenarios like the following...

These happened in the last four hours mind you. It's been a frustrating day and is the reason I'm making this post. I'm venting.
  • I had to explain multiple ways to a woman that we do NOT get new releases and that we are a used store. She could not grasp the concept of 2nd hand and was upset we didn't have the new Chance the Rapper album.
  • Another weekly occurance of a dude thinking his Beatles stuff is worth thousands even after I physically show him the same items I am selling for $10 and under.
  • I told a guy multiple times over the phone that I'm not buying CDs at the moment. He comes in an hour later with 300 CDs "just to see if I want any" and is suprised when I tell him I'm not looking at them.
  • Another weekly occurance of "Do you buy X?" with me kindly saying "no" and then they ask me if I would just take it. No, dude, throw your own garbage out.

I haven't told anybody off yet but I'm getting close to it.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote