Music Banter - View Single Post - Is There a Ramones of Metal?
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Default Is There a Ramones of Metal?

And by that I mean a metal band or even just album that strips metal down to its most necessary and important components in a way that that defines what metal is in a way that the Ramones stripped down rock and roll and defined what rock and roll is in its most pure form?

Venom kinda did but I think they weren't a good enough band to realize this idea. They were a band who exemplified the idea of the Ramones without being good enough to exemplify the promise of the Ramones. I think if metal had a Ramones it would be in Norwegian black metal, but unfortunately I'm not really a fan of Darkthrone or Mayhem to appreciate if they qualify. The only album by these bands to connect with me in a real way is Mayhem's Live in Leipzig and it is in fact the one metal album I can think of that would qualify as "metal's Ramones album".

What say ye?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote