Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 06:54 AM   #3052 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
If you really believe this than it seems to me every person is their own gender since we are all unique which brings us back to: who cares what gender you are?

In my experience its used more as a justification. “You wouldn't understand cause youre not x gender” type stuff when in reality they probably dont understand either since as you said earlier its hard to articulate.

I read a reddit post the other day in which someone identified as a hermaphrodite and their explanation was because they looked androgynous. After a short mostly civil back and fourth we agreed to disagree. Ill have to see if i can still find aome of the justifications used
It's kind of understandable and forgivable for marginalized people to want to cling to some kind of identity-building trait or concept. Which is the reason why gay pride or black pride are much, much less retarded than white or straight pride. Would of course still be great if at some point humanity would be able to leave identities or at least such silly concepts of identity behind altogether.