Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 07:45 PM   #23001 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Bout to rewatch Dog Soldiers which is still for me the best werewolf movie ever. The Howling has the ****ing transformation scene but other than that all it has is the first ten minutes that is sick sick sick, but other than that it's pretty bland, and American Werewolf in London has the ultimate beginning that leads into the ultimate holding pattern that's just not that great. But Dog Soldiers has a good beginning that introduces you to the concept of the movie, and a middle and end that is pure fire, but only falters truly between the beginning and early middle when it transitions far too quickly into a horror movie when it was five minutes ago just a movie with some soldiers doing soldier things for five minutes. Dog Soldiers not even having a transformation scene doesn't even lose the plot because it's so much better in general that who ****ing cares? And the werewolf costumes and prosthetics are just pure functionality and greatness so...

So yeah, Dog Soldiers > American Werewolf in London/The Howling

And I will fight you for it.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote