Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #63616 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
And wasting a whole day debating about it. Yep. Typical MB.

They exist. I just try to have a really good work ethic on top of that. No reason to go into work to feel like **** every day. I try to make it fun. And it is. And thanks! Things have certainly been going well on the job front.
I'm happy for you ftr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
no, taking this back to my original point, the concept of private property (and thus capitalism) results from political revolutions

under feudalism, the government distributes land to Lords (usually awarded military veterans) in which the Serfs work with no claim to ownership of their work and without the ability to change employment

the idea that everyone could own their own labor was what separated Capitalism from Feudalism
That is another aspect of capitalism, but that's also relevant to wealth creation.

The reason market capitalism replaced mercantilism was because the decentralized nature of the market was more competitive than the old order.

Under feudalism, private property still existed. It was just more strictly allocated. And the caste system that existed was such that even if you became a relatively wealthy merchant (Marx's bourgeoisie), you could still have zero political clout if you were not nobility.

But the fact that this merchant class started to emerge even prior to the old regime being over thrown demonstrates that the market was already trending in that general direction.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote