Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #549 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I think you are right to be concerned, RL Clown. Some of the points you raise have already been discussed at some length in this thread. If you have the patience, you could go back to pages 8 to 15, which are pretty on-topic by MB standards.

In answer to some specific things you said:-

> "But are things really improving??" Globally, no, they are not. By examining air bubbles locked in Antarctic ice, scientists have plotted methane levels going back ten thousand years:-

The bad news is that global temp follows in lockstep with methane levels, although it takes a few years to kick in. That's where I think we are right now, in that brief time lag between methane spike and temp spike.

> Not a big deal, but I would doubt your math tbh: 30°F is way to big a figure!!

> How do we make everyone happy? I doubt that's possible (or in fact ever has been in human history). To me, that's not the Big Question. The big question now is about limiting damage and surviving. Go back to those pages I mentioned and there'll be some suggestions there I'm sure. My own basic recs would be:-
- avoid buying stuff you don't need
- move away from coastal areas if you have that option
- on climate change, trust the scientists, not the politicians
- vote Trump out of office; his policies are making a bad scenario worse