Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 06:02 AM   #23970 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

What even happened in this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Ain’t nothing more normal son

Gotta move past that seeing women as property **** though
I don't think it's really a matter of seeing her as property? I guess I'm just missing time we used to spend that she's now spending with somebody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
Nah it's normal. If she's a friend, you value her and probably for reasons that you might value a sexual partner even if you're not thinking about her for that. I mean the difference between a friend of a gender you're not interested in vs. a friend of a gender you are interested in vs. someone you are actually romantically interested in can be nebulous to the point of being almost non-existent. But there are differences, and you will come to recognize those differences as you get older and I can't tell you how that will be for you because you're your own person and you'll develop in your own way and this **** is ****ing complicated.

But for right now just accept that jealousy is not a personal failing on your part. You want someone's attention and a social situation is making that complicated. It might be that you want that person's romantic attention and don't want them to give that to anyone else or it might be that you just want that person's attention in general as validation (everyone needs validation) and are insecure that this person will be able to dole out attention while also having a romantic partner.

Nothing about this is simple or easy or given to easy intuition. Unless you're a secret creep, and I don't think you are, you'll get the hang of it in at least one or two or three decades.
Thanks man!

Funny thing is I'm currently playing the role of confidant, which is kinda fun. Like, I sincerely hope this works out for her, but I can see myself being forgotten if it does.