Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 11:13 AM   #63964 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Technically my school had requirements like you had to take 2 foreign language classes, math you had to take at least algebra, geometry and algebra 2, science you had to take at least biology, chemistry and some other science of your choice.

You also had to have a 2.0 or above to graduate. All this was laid out freshman year.

I met none of those requirements. I never went past geometry in math, never went past biology in science, never even took a foreign language, didn't have a 2.0. I was there 5 years. 1 year I actually made straight Fs for an entire semester. Mostly cause I wasn't showing up or I would ditch and leave early.

Finally after 5 years they said **** it and graduated me. They were so bogged down with kids that hardly spoke English and couldn't even pass the FCAT, the school was crowded with 3300 kids, they couldn't afford to follow their own standards. Usually they just expected someone like me would drop out at 16... So the lesson here is keep showing up and eventually they'll throw a diploma at you. Slow and steady wins the race.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote