Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 11:09 PM   #64027 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's a better telemarketing tactic than cold calls but it's still telemarketing dawg.

And trust me, those leads are still only marginally better than cold calls. You just get a bunch of people who have the time to waste that don't give a **** about your product. I'd rather get hung up on.
Point taken, but there's no such thing as a sales process where you don't talk to people at least a little. If I put out an ad for something and somebody calls me, asks me a few questions about what they saw or read, then wants to buy before I even had to open my mouth, that's not really "telemarketing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I sold actual vacation packages, but other companies had strictly lead generators

and damn did it look like they were getting Timeshared

they only got paid for the "good leads" which, you know, the sales reps are going to consider exactly Zero of the sales they don't make to have been good leads

I got paid regardless of whether they actually got suckered into the scam part, I always told them upfront not to buy anything once they got to the resort
That sucks. Luckily, companies like Advertising Boost are probably gonna drive a lot of those guys out of business. I'd rather get a free vacation and just pay the resort fees and get my vouchers without all the timeshare bull****.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote