Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 01:05 PM   #329 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
It's not any criticism. It's your specific criticism seems that way. Like saying that he's just trying to be offensive is the same criticism Chappelle show got. So where's the disconnect? I could understand if it is just not your style of comedy, but if it is and the minute he starts staying things that go against your politics it's suddenly not funny... Yeah I'm thinking it got spoiled by your PC filter.
Nah you're definitely on some reactionary ad hominem strawman business. Stanhope has a similar brand of humour that he backs up with genuinely funny jokes. I think your ability to interpret criticism on this subject has been spoiled by your anti-PC filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
No his act is extremely important right now. Because people want to destroy that brand of humor. You're not supposed to punch down. That's why Dave was so in your face about it this time cause last time he got some flack for very mild tranny jokes. So this was a guy with f*ck-you money saying let me joke about whatever I want to joke about.
There's absolutely no shortage of this but sure, his mediocre special is important.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote