Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 01:04 PM   #64315 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Self improvement is dope but your advice wasn't that great or enlightening, man. You're really underestimating the competition for the majority of those roles.
Well if you never try applying for any of them, I can safely say you have a 0% chance of success. And as I've pointed out on numerous other occasions, if you actually spend a little time on Facebook and connect with, I dunno, the hundreds upon hundreds of free job-seeking groups or entrepreneurial groups or whatever niche your looking for, you'll have a way better chance at connecting with someone who is actually hiring rather than submitting resumes to some office drone who doesn't even check their inbox.

Elph laughed at the suggestion to network if you want a better job, but it really is the best way to go. People are far more likely to hire you if they like you, know you and trust you to some extent before they even see a resume. The guy who bothers to show up when nobody else tried is the one who is going to get that salary and benefits and 3 weeks of vacation every year and profit sharing.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-07-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote