Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 08:13 PM   #64376 (permalink)
OccultHawk
one-balled nipple jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I don't believe in pulling yourself up by your bootstraps. I believe it's better to work smarter, not harder. Turn a problem around enough in your head and map out what it's going to take to actually make even an inch of progress. And with all the **** we have access to online and just a little forethought, making good connections that lead to better jobs, better quality of life, etc. isn't as soul crushingly difficult as it was in the past when you had to drive around everywhere just to get your name out there. And with limited information, it could take you days just to figure out where to spend your time. As opposed to now, when I can hop onto Meetup or Facebook or wherever else and figure out what's happening in my area in like 5 minutes.

And yes, effort is still gonna be required. But people give up way too easily as a general rule cause laziness and other **** can get in the way. And if your that beaten down by life, that's fine. But don't you tell me that it's not doable, because I'm living it right now and nobody just handed it to me. I had to seek it out and got plenty of rejection along the way. Nobody handed me a sack of money and said "here you go".
Everyone who has a pot to piss in thinks they earned it.

And for the love of God. Please, PLEASE, really please stop mentioning Facebook. FFS stop.

And just to change the narrative, when **** went my way, and I was walking around big Asian cities with hundreds of dollars in my pocket and eating expensive ass meals and drinking 18 year old scotch I didn’t earn ****. It just ****ing rolls one way or the other. When **** is rolling your way instead of patting yourself on the back why not have some humility and think man I could be on the wrong side of all this? Ever since I went to India and Bangladesh and saw little kids starving and leprosy and all that I knew I had nothing to do with any part what I was doing except that I was cog in the oppression that was the poverty of all the dying in front of me. I’m sorry but it’s like that. And btw if you have money someone DID give it to you. No one earns ****.

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote