Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #64384 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Everyone who has a pot to piss in thinks they earned it.

And for the love of God. Please, PLEASE, really please stop mentioning Facebook. FFS stop.

And just to change the narrative, when **** went my way, and I was walking around big Asian cities with hundreds of dollars in my pocket and eating expensive ass meals and drinking 18 year old scotch I didn’t earn ****. It just ****ing rolls one way or the other. When **** is rolling your way instead of patting yourself on the back why not have some humility and think man I could be on the wrong side of all this? Ever since I went to India and Bangladesh and saw little kids starving and leprosy and all that I knew I had nothing to do with any part what I was doing except that I was cog in the oppression that was the poverty of all the dying in front of me. I’m sorry but it’s like that. And btw if you have money someone DID give it to you. No one earns ****.
I don't believe circumstance is irrelevant or that everything happens by choice

But you seem to be trading the inverse option, which is equally irrational: that it's all random circumstance and how you behave is irrelevant.

That's just transparently not true. You could have decided not to graduate high school or go to college, and if you did you never would've been a teacher.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote