Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 09:22 PM   #644 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
There really is nothing out there like Berserk. Very much in a class of its own, standing on a mountaintop all by it's lonesome. There have been other series that are comparable to Kentaro Miura's work in regards to quality of art and depth of story / presentation (like Monster, Vinland Saga and Blade Of The Immortal, as well as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)...but it really is one of a kind.
Monster's art was pretty generic and bland. Blade of the Immortal was nuts but just not that great to look at. I need to read Vinland Saga though.

Berserk though is on another level not even considering Japanese comic art. It's just one of the best drawn comic series of all time. And even as far as writing goes it's out of this world. There's so much horrendous stuff in Berserk that I couldn't recommend to most anybody with all the crazy ****, the adult attack bee rape, the rape horse, the Baphomet rape demon, the troll rapes, but I also could not replace Berserk with anything. No matter how problematic Berserk is it is simply not replaceable at all.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote