Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 05:09 PM   #18999 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

^ US intervention to support SaudiArabia might be a hard sell to any American who has a sense of morality or even a memory. Lucky for the Saudiis that Trump has neither:-

Quote:
On 20 November, U.S. President Donald Trump rejected the CIA's conclusion that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the killing. He issued a statement saying "it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event — maybe he did and maybe he didn't." Two days later, Trump denied that the CIA had even reached a conclusion.

On 13 December, in opposition to the White House's position, the United States Senate unanimously passed a resolution that held bin Salman personally responsible for the death of Khashoggi. On the same day, the Senate voted 56-41 to pass legislation to end U.S. military aid for the Saudi Arabian-led intervention in Yemen, a vote attributable to senators' desires to punish Saudi Arabia for the Khashoggi murder and for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, including a famine and human rights violations.
R.I.P. Jamal Khashoggi