Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 09:10 PM   #108 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
When Jay-Z, the guy that prides himself in his business shows respect for your marketing and how long your career has lasted it's definitely respect. He didn't have to say ****. Why would he care about staying on good terms with ICP?
Or he was just giving a throwaway compliment simply because he was asked for any kind of opinion and that's the only thing he could be assed to say. I mean Donald Trump gives compliments to all kinds of people he's turned on. Doesn't mean ****.

Quote:
When they are getting called legends by notable hip hop publications and figures like Ebro I think that counts as respect. They aren't completely embraced or as loved but they are absolutely respected especially in the newer generation. People started to notice how long they've stayed, how much they pay their dues and the grind they've had.
You'd know more about hip hop publications than I would and if other rappers are saying **** then great. I think the amount of work they put into building their empire does deserve respect though. I mean they objectively worked their ****ing asses off to be where they are. Even if you think they don't put effort into their music they absolutely did put an insane amount of effort into their career.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote