Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 09:13 PM   #100 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Or he was just giving a throwaway compliment simply because he was asked for any kind of opinion and that's the only thing he could be assed to say. I mean Donald Trump gives compliments to all kinds of people he's turned on. Doesn't mean ****.

You'd know more about hip hop publications than I would and if other rappers are saying **** then great. I think the amount of work they put into building their empire does deserve respect though. I mean they objectively worked their ****ing asses off to be where they are. Even if you think they don't put effort into their music they absolutely did put an insane amount of effort into their career.
I've just noticed opinions of ICP changing from complete hate to a more, "I respect what they do but it's not for me" attitude in the past 5 years.

Edit: It's becoming less taboo to appreciate them than it used to be. I think it's because hip hop is finally becoming a lot more accepting of different ideas and much more experimental than it used to be. Or maybe because in comparison to Lil Pump hip hop heads have found a new respect for them. I don't know.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote