Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:18 PM   #75 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloysius View Post
I'm a big fan of some of these movies so I'll search out some of the others I haven't seen. Would be curious to know what you think of:

Tetsuo
Audition
Tokyo Gore Police
awesome triptych you got there

Tetsuo: The Iron Man - One of the most visceral movies there is. It's almost like the powerviolence or industrial of film. The debris imagery is generally insane on its own, but the advent of jerky and paranoid seeming body language amplifies it to another level of discomfort. Really gets the heart rate going.

Audition - Amazing shift from the drama of the first half or so to the nerve wracking horror of the second. Some seriously terrifying shots that will stay with you for a bit. The whole thing is handled impressively.

Tokyo Gore Police - A blast of epic proportions, easily one of the most entertaining movies for me. CGI is meh I guess but it couldn't work better in such J-splatter films, where the splattering is centered around being as outlandish and ridiculously inhuman as possible. Infinite amount of spectacular arterial saturation and some seriously gnarly looking dudes in the form of the engineers. Never not a good time.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote