Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 05:39 PM   #104 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Alright so I'm going to give this a try. I will be as open minded as I can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Best song you've never heard that doesn't sound like what you probably think they sound like.

I'm sorry but this is trash to me. It's not horrible in the way other ICP songs are like the magnets one. I would actually rather listen to the magnets one cause at least it's so over the top bad that it's funny. But this just sounds like very mediocre rapping over very mediocre production and middle school tier faux shocking lyrics. Please tell me this isn't what you guys meant when you compared their story telling to slick Rick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
You're coming into a hip hop discussion with either zero knowledge of hip hop and hip hop history or zero knowledge of ICP.

As far as lyrical ability ICP are not far off from classic legends like Slick Rick. They take so much of their inspiration from that era of hip hop especially the grandiose gimmicks and story telling. The only difference being they are much more cartoony and goofy.

I'll be perfectly honest, this is the first ICP song I can say that I actually like. The beat is mainly what's good about it tbh. The rapping is still subpar but it doesn't ruin the song.

Quote:
ICP have proven that they can use multisyllable rhyme schemes above amateur single syllable rhymes like a lot of 2Pac's music does.

terrible. Multi syllable rhymes? Lmao.

Pac was never known as being that kind of rapper. He was simple in his rhyme schemes but he more than made up for it in cadence, delivery and passion.

And his persona was actually deeper than some middle school potential school shooter's wet dream.

Quote:
ICP have adopted and switched flows drastically through out their career.

this song is actually not bad at all after the terrible intro. Even if it is a blatant 3 6 mafia impersonation.

Quote:
ICP also have a higher vocabulary than 2pac.
this is true. I heard the primitive people of the juggallo tribe have over 31 words to describe sissies in clown paint.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote