Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you do musical taste analysis?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Long try
Groupie

Quote:
I really didn't go through all those 62+ songs and fully analyze them, but instead of doing a full analysis of those 62+ I am going to pick a random videos as a rec and anticipate the same results as if I put in the time to listen to all 62+ songs and fully analyze them.
Can't blame you, since most everyone has a job to do, and between a 9 to 5 work & forum posting time & maybe family responsibility, analyzing a full playlist is a laborious endeavor.

Regarding the 2 recs, it's a pity I don't like either. I guess what I enjoy in Fernando is the melodious sounds of those instruments, especially the flute; the wide range of emotions from serene nostalgia to enthusiastic chorus; and meaningful, motivational lyrics. Cassandra seems to lack those. So apparently I don't love or hate songs based on them having titles of personal names

The Japanese video is pretty bad IMO. Is Namida name of the song or the band? Either way, I cringe whenever the camera is focused on a solo smile. They look quite fake I guess that those singers have got too many surgeries to keep their muscles properly functional. And the music, feels like it's more of a jumble of sounds than a wholesome harmony. In addition, their voices lack distinct flavors like in other bands - even though there are 6 members, I can only recognize maybe 2 different vocals.
Long try is offline   Reply With Quote