Music Banter - View Single Post - Movies You Should Know Because (I Think) They rule
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 06:54 AM   #79 (permalink)
Aloysius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
awesome triptych you got there

Tetsuo: The Iron Man - One of the most visceral movies there is. It's almost like the powerviolence or industrial of film. The debris imagery is generally insane on its own, but the advent of jerky and paranoid seeming body language amplifies it to another level of discomfort. Really gets the heart rate going.

Audition - Amazing shift from the drama of the first half or so to the nerve wracking horror of the second. Some seriously terrifying shots that will stay with you for a bit. The whole thing is handled impressively.

Tokyo Gore Police - A blast of epic proportions, easily one of the most entertaining movies for me. CGI is meh I guess but it couldn't work better in such J-splatter films, where the splattering is centered around being as outlandish and ridiculously inhuman as possible. Infinite amount of spectacular arterial saturation and some seriously gnarly looking dudes in the form of the engineers. Never not a good time.
Yes I absolutely love Tetsuo and Audition. TGP had a lot of great ideas but it felt like a movie in need of a director to me. Certainly creative set pieces and I probably shouldn't demand more from it. For me the pinnacle of J-splatter is definitely Ichi the Killer.
Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote