Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #218 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
the only way to be impartial is to not be familiar with their music. If you have heard them then you undoubtedly would have some opinion.
Not really. I'm impartial to a lot of artists like Yin Yang twins. I don't hate the Yin Yang twins and I don't think they suck I just don't really care about their music

Quote:
now you're making spurious assumptions
Must be familiar for you.

Quote:
I tried to like the songs you posted. I largely didn't.
Yeah, I don't really believe that. You tend to re-frame things to fit what ever narrative helps what ever argument you make so I know you'll claim that.

How ever I highly doubt you listened to any with the attempt to like them. Even then, it's not about liking them. It's about respecting what they've done and acknowledging ability that you denied existed.

Quote:
I have tried to like jazz artists like ornette Coleman and sun ra. I don't. But I do like Coltrane. The same motive was behind trying to like all of them. But at the end of the day either i like it or I don't.
You full on admit what I said about you earlier on. Don't lie. Which is why I don't think you really tried to appreciate anything about ICP. The perception of liking ICP pushes people farther away from ICP than their actual music does.

It's also still weird to me when people use Miracles as the default ICP song when it's really nothing like most of their work. Chicken Huntin or Halls of Illusions are more like it.

Quote:
so explain to me what I'm missing. What's great about him exactly?
His impact on the music industry as well as his influence on style including dance routines. Everybody from that era was emulating him except for the underground elitists that originally hated everything about him because he was the epitome of the commercialization of hip hop.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote