Music Banter - View Single Post - Is Tupac Corny?
Thread: Is Tupac Corny?
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2019, 07:39 PM   #229 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
So by they don't suck do you mean they're good? It mediocre? Regardless you then aren't being impartial to their quality. Even saying they don't suck is weighing in on that question in a non mpartial way.
I guess dispassionate is a better word. As In I don't have a strong opinion about them.

Quote:
thus all sounds like the commercial success I already referenced.
If you want to over simplify it but it's more the way he exploited commercial success that makes him revolutionary. As well as being a pioneer in the bay area hip hop seen.

Edit: Like MC Hammer's endorsements and getting a cartoon and etc. were the beginning of artists using their brand to reach into different avenues and industries as well as artists using different avenues to support their brand. He was the predecessor to the trend of rappers becoming actors and/or getting their own clothing lines or what ever else. Back then it was lame, now it's a huge part of being a commercial rapper, more than any other genre.
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 09-19-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote