Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 05:23 PM   #19170 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

When people go back and forth and present their own ideas, that's an opportunity to explain what you want to say in greater detail or elaborate on some aspect of it. I mean, I literally said these things pages ago way earlier in this discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
All the more reason to look at improving policy instead of pulling the rug out from everyone, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I'm all for policies and other ideas that improve the conditions that allow those success stories to happen even more frequently.
So I don't know how you think I don't think the current system needs refining. I've only said it over and over again in different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
half of Americans have no savings and couldn't come up with $400 in an emergency

one unfortunate event from poverty

that's ignoring that capitalism only "works" as long as you have other countries to exploit

you can afford an Iphone because the parts are made in someplace with suicide nets
You must have missed what I said before about automation and reducing scarcity. The "exploitation" aspect of capitalism is going to reach a nice fat 0% as those things take their course. The sheer inevitability of it scares the living hell out of a significant chunk of the .01% because their business models will disintegrate.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-21-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote