Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #125 (permalink)
Key

Video Game Music (pt. 1)

I have discussed this very topic a good number of times throughout the several journals that I have had at this forum, but I still find it to be one of my favorite things to discuss. Especially with a lot of the more recent releases having some stellar soundtracks that really take you for a journey, often from start to finish. Keep things short and sweet, I'm just going to get right into it.

The first one I'm going to talk about is from Dead Cells of course. I'm bringing this up here because I don't think I could talk about this game enough. And of course, I recently met a few of the people that were behind the creation of this game and the soundtrack itself.

Spoiler for video:

The best track on the entire soundtrack as far as I'm concerned.

The next one we have is from a game I haven't had a chance to play yet, though I have heard enough of the soundtrack to really say that it's very very excellently done. Mixes the two genres together to make one beautiful soundtrack for what seems to be a very well received game. I'm talking about Cadence of Hyrule. Yeah, they mixed together Crypt of the Necrodancer and The Legend of Zelda, and it birthed several beautiful things. For one, the game looks excellent. And of course on top of that, you have the soundtrack. I'll let you listen for yourself and you decide:

Really a fantastic piece.

I played Assassins Creed: Odyssey for a good while, so much that I started to hum the soundtrack. Most specifically the main theme but that's mostly because it's so god damn good. The game itself is great and it's such a humongous step forward for the Assassins Creed franchise, but god damn the soundtrack is really good. Everything fits with the environment and world in such a wonderful way that it really feels good to run through the huge world that lays before you. Here's the theme I'm talking about:

Spoiler for video:
Key is offline   Reply With Quote