Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 08:23 PM   #3605 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
In what way exactly would a house impeachment hurt trump? I’m not even trying to be obstinate. I just don’t get it. Is the theory it would cost him votes? Or would he be forced to testify on live TV or what?
I don't really get it either. Mitch McConnell has literal ice coursing through his veins. That isn't going to change just because Trump is having his own "hot mic" moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
there are official channels to go through when pursuing a corruption investigating that isn't motivated by an upcoming election. Instead he sent his personal attorney and tried to keep the entire thing under wraps... While withholding aid and reminding the ukranian leadership vocally that we are basically the only thing standing between them and Putin. That's a classic example of extortion. I can't believe you don't see the difference.
Lol dude, Bill Barr was mentioned explicitly in that transcript numerous times as the main point of contact to look into Biden. Giuliani appears to have been an overpaid coffee gofer and errand boy in the context they were discussing. Considering what Barr's role is, doesn't that imply that the Justice Department would have to look into it officially after determining whether or not there was anything more to the story about Shokin's firing?

And don't forget that Kurt Volker, our official envoy over there, literally just stepped down because it has been revealed that he gave Giuliani an officially sanctioned "go ahead" to go take a preliminary look into the situation over there and then tell Barr and Trump. That's like the State Department giving me an official stamp of approval to go represent the U.S. in Kenya for some government related function (even if I'm not someone who works for the State Department).

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 09-27-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote