Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan's Sob Story: A Journey Through Emo and Power Punk
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #63 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

The Anniversary - Designing a Nervous Breakdown
Niche: Alternative Rock, Midwest Emo, Indietronica

Been a hot minute since I've updated this, or been active on this site for that matter, and being in an emo-lateral band (excuse me, we're goth) in a scene full of other emo acts really pushed me to the limit with the genre and I now listen to more krautrock, electronic, goth, industrial etc. than emo but still find the genre to be somewhat of a home.

This album being the first midwest album I've heard in a while submerges me right back into that mindset. The college synths on this record just an extra embellishment; reminding me of similar arrangements on Get Up Kids and Reggie and the Full Effect records. It's a pretty good record as well, if not groundbreaking at all it's the same midwest emo I left behind that 3rd semester of college.

8/10

Spoiler for Choice track:

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail

Last edited by Tristan_Geoff; 10-01-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote