Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 07:16 PM   #628 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I feel like middle class people with a life to lose put those people through the wringer just trying to get something that isn't boring as ****, but losers like us make them wonder why they even got a degree cause we're just waiting to trauma bond with someone who's not even interested.
I wasn't waiting to bond cause I inherently distrust shrinks. I have ever since I was little when they had to do some MRIs and **** and it felt like being abducted.

I was ordered to go to the treatment cause I was staying at the homeless shelter and got caught sneaking in booze

She was very good at playing someone who was genuinely concerned but I knew it was a job. I could just sense it. Especially since we did group sessions.

I got sober for about 2 weeks and then I went back on the pills. I started attending the meetings high. In the 10 minute breaks they gave us I would sometimes literally run to the CVS down the street to get more, then come back and continue the group meeting and continue to talk with a straight face about what a blessing it is being sober.

Finally I got kicked out the homeless shelter for the 2nd and last time, for once again sneaking booze.

I left the shelter and ended up getting into a fight/jumped. I'm not quite sure which it was since I was wasted. Then the next day I went to that out patient office and told them I needed long term rehab. When they expressed shock at this news, I did my best to explain how I had lied to their face for so long and how I just have a knack at that sort of thing.

That's how I ended up at the Christian sobriety cult.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote