Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #638 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I you're assuming it's self deception

With regard to the specific issue of environmental regulation, I believe there's more evidence that it's made a noticeable difference in this country than otherwise
We might save some marshes and forests and that's great, but for that **** to be worthwhile we have to not change the very climate of the planet to potentially change the very landscape of those places we think we saved.

Quote:
yea I'm not sure what you mean by that.
You know. You make friends with someone. They have issues. You have issues. You both eventually end up spilling guts about your ****, they spill guts about their ****, you both think you're the best of friends, but in the end you both have nothing in common but bad stories and so you're not actually friends who click on any level.

Either you got lucky or you still think someone is your friend when they're not.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote