Music Banter - View Single Post - The Environmental Watchdog MasterThread
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 08:45 PM   #644 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
You keep harping on long term planning

It's very simple.. either we will develope the clean energy technology which will transform the globe or we won't

Long term planning is not necessary to make this happen

As I've stated we have under gone countless technological innovations without long term planning.. every thing from the atom bomb to the modern computer.
Nuclear weapons could destroy us tomorrow. Even now we recognize this with attempts at building nuclear waste disposal sites far underground that will not require our intervention for millions of years even to maintain assuming modern human civilization collapses. Assuming that we can deal with nuclear weapons with short term psychology is about as stupid a thing as can be thought of. I mean on a long enough timeline they will ****ing kill us and the only way you can counter that argument is by saying "Nuh uh."

And energy to keep the entire human race going when the entire human race is dependent on short term energy? When that short term energy is literally causing storms to become worse?

You just sound like someone who thinks that the world doesn't have cause and effect cause you've lived in a world all this time that hasn't had much cause and effect in your life.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote