Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:03 PM   #65034 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
in group this morning a guy with hearing loss was talking about how he misses calls at work all the time because in a noisy environment he can't distinguish individual sounds and how it makes him feel inadequate/dumb/invisible etc. someone said "unfortunately we live in a world that relies on hearing" and i retorted, "no, we live in a world where no one bothers to make accommodations for people of varying abilities" and she said that was demeaning. am i tripping? if dude was in a wheelchair would it be demeaning to make sure there was adequate space for him to navigate the aisles of a store? wtf with people. but she's "bEeN a SpEciAl EduCaTiOn TeAcHer FoR 2o YeArS" so i guess she's the authority.
They stuck me in special ed back in the day cause I was impossible to control and one of the teachers once tried to tell me I needed to respect my father because he'd given me life and I tried telling her over and over again that I'd never even met the man cause he bailed when I was a baby and she wasn't having any of it.

I think a lot of special ed teachers are probably just morons who aren't fit to be anything but babysitters.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote