Music Banter - View Single Post - A Key to the Arcade on the corner
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:50 PM   #128 (permalink)
Key

First Impressions: Borderlands 3

This one has taken me a little while to get to because I couldn't decide if I wanted to do a full on post about this or a first impressions and I decided on a first impressions as I have not had as much time with the game as I've wanted. So I need more time to take it in and really gather my thoughts. But, the nice things is, currently I am enjoying the game a lot. It's definitely still Borderlands, but with so many improvements that you start to lose count of how many things you didn't realize you needed until they did it in this game.

Specifically, the map on its own has been given many changes that make the game way more immersive to play. The minimap and the map itself come in a sort of 3D model so that you can see if things are above you or below you. That's especially helpful as that was not in any of the previous games and it was always a little annoying trying to figure out if something was above or below you. With as many different different levels that this game has, that's certainly a welcome change.

The customization has also had a huge overhaul in the fact that it actually exists. You can change everything from the mask you wear all the wear to the individual armor pieces that you want to wear. And there is a ton to choose from. I've barely made my way into the game and I've already found a ton of new ways to equip my character to look unique.

Did I mention I chose the Siren? Every other time I play Borderlands, I seem to go either with the all around character with big guns, or the sniper. Never really dove into the others. So I decided to give the Siren a shot. And I'm loving every minute of it. The things she has in her arsenal are amazing, and I've barely just scratched the surface. Especially considering you now have several skill trees to level up. And you can level them up simultaneously as you see fit. really makes for some unique and creative builds, even early on.

So yeah, so far I'm really enjoying Borderlands 3. I think they absolutely nailed every bit of it they could possibly nail and the game is truly great. Really excited to put more time into it.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote