Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:33 PM   #3958 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Part of me wants Yang to win because I know both of the Democrats and Republicans absolutely despise the idea of a guy with a pretty normal background and no political ties actually winning.

Sanders and Warren have had decades in government and neither of their track records impress me. Sanders just hopped between a couple of marriages over a few decades while he spent taxpayer money and Warren lacks the capacity to implement actual solutions to the problem she (generally) is correct at pointing out. They're cowards who chose to run for President now because they didn't have the balls to try decades ago.
I wouldn't mind Yang because I like the idea of UBI but he's a long shot

Sanders is less of a long shot and is trying to get single payer and free college. Idgaf how many girlfriends he's had, in fact I respect him more for it. And the one thing in his political record i respect is that he's been largely consistent for decades in what he stands for and how he votes in Congress. That's a rare quality in a politician. My main concern with him is his health/age.

Warren, I would vote for hoping she tries to live up to at least some of her progressive talking points, while holding my breath because of my inherent skepticism.

Anyone else, I'm not voting. If trump wins then oh well. I've been done with lesser of 2 evils politics since 2012, first time I didn't vote while being eligible. First and last time I voted was 2008.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote