Music Banter - View Single Post - Where did you start on the guitar?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Mine were Into the Void by Sabbath and Segovia's Chaconne Partita.

You learn them, or you wanted to learn them?

I took guitar lessons only when I was in HS. He was a great guy, taught my uncle too, so there was a rapport from the beginning. I remember he was teaching me scales, chords and finger exercises and one of the first thing I asked him was to teach me Horizon. He picked it up by ear, which amazed me. My guitar teacher gave me a old Classical guitar book (torn & with missing pages) I remember learning most of Leyenda, the only piece in it I recognized. I was into Steve Howe, and I was lucky enough to find a book of his, but it was in standard notation. I learn Mood for a Day and parts of Diary of Man Who Disappeared (Steve paying homage to Hank Marvin & Chet Atkins at the same time), Meadow Rag, and Surface Tension.

I bought music for Chaconne, but misplaced it so I never got to learn it, even though I wanted to. I also obsessed over Vals Criollo by Antonio Laura.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 10-20-2019 at 11:26 PM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote