Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #19256 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Two, sorry three things that I almost can't believe about recent events in US politics:-

i) the investigation into H Clinton's emails closed on Monday and no serious misconduct was found. Like Benghazi, this was another Republican-lead investigation that came up with nothing, although it did achieve its political goal of damaging HC's election chances and provoking the chant, "Lock her up". Why isn't this result being commented on more in the media? That way we'll know what we're watching when the 2020 election comes round: investigate the Bidens, damage Joe's electoral chances, close the investigation with zero wrong-doing found.

ii) Republican congressmen undercut the authority of congress by disrupting the closed-door inquiry hearings.

iii) Lindsey Graham says the impeachment inquiry is a lynching "in every sense of the word." LG should listen to Strange Fruit (Nina Simone version): lynching was a terrible thing that ended up with a dead person hanging from a tree. If I was a journalist, I'd ask LG to show us the tree that Trump's body is hanging from.