Music Banter - View Single Post - Pitchfork BitchDork
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #324 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post

Trollheart - The first song is quite beautiful, especially the organ, which obviously makes it sound like church music. Not as much a fan of the echoing voice, but that's a matter of taste, and the music underneath is very pretty. It struck me that the song has an average length but feels very short.
Yeah I only heard it the day before I posted it. Thought it was pretty amazing. Don't hear too much of pipe organs these days.
Quote:
Still not a Judie Tzuke fan, due to the sound. So 80's, in a way that's not to my taste. However, the song itself is quite nice. I might have found this pretty if it had been recorded in a different way. The lyrics sound a bit cheesy though.
Meh, win some lose some. Judie ain't for everyone. It's actually a song about whale hunting, in case you didn't get that: she's singing from the point of view of the whale. I love that song.
Quote:
Not a fan of the voice of Aslan's singer, and also not really of the production. Are they named after the lion from Narnia? The song is ok, but does not stand out to me in any particular way.
Don't know about the name, but yeah, probably. I don't know any other instances of the name. Again, worth a try.
Quote:
Rory Gallagher sounds like an old-fashioned rock 'n roll guy. Not really my genre, and I don't know much about it, but I could dance to this. It sound like that's what this song is about.
Rory was a bluesman, perhaps Ireland's greatest ever. The song is about motorbike riding - shin kicker being I expect the slip of the boot as you kick the starter.
Quote:

I tried a Flogging Molly song once because I love the Pogues, and I wasn't really into it. I don't know why, because this is a blast.
Yeah really getting into Celtic Punk these days.
Quote:
Nice. I can see why you'd like the last song, but again I can't really get over the 80's sound. Why did the people at back then decide that drums should echo?
I think the echo is needed for this one, and I love the harmonica.

Thanks for listening. Glad you at least got something out of it.