Music Banter - View Single Post - comedians
Thread: comedians
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 08:29 PM   #453 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Comedy almost always plays with societal taboos. Pointing out the specifics of how isn't political cheerleading.
Seems like you just like this special for ticking that box and not actually being funny. Or you know, the role of comedians.

Quote:
This is about as reductionist and stupid as saying 70% of the appreciation for Carlin's 7 dirty words is how he totes pwns the Christian conservatives
I don't think that that bit is very funny either tbh, even though if I massively agree with the sentiment behind it.

Quote:
You just don't happen to like his politics so now it's "boring." Mindless hypocrite.
Dude, they're clearly jokes so I don't give a ****. They're just not that funny and I find the intent behind them to be pretty childish. Frankly if anyone here is zeroed in on the politics of the special, it's you. I'm just discussing it because you've introduced it to the conversation.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote